Garage extensions enable you to design the ideal space to meet your specific requirements. Whether you need an extended, closed roof garage or an open, car-port style extension, the professionals are standing by to work on your project. We can help you find the best garage extensions to suit your budget, saving you time and stress by doing the legwork for you.
Purpose of the Extensions: When considering a garage extension, it is important to take into account the purpose of the extension. If it's just for storage space for home overflow or an extra car, you probably won't need additional plumbing or electrics. If you want to extend the garage into a self-contained flat, however, plumbing, electrical and ventilation systems may be required. Regardless of the reason for wanting one, a garage extension is an investment that is likely to increase the property value of your home.
You can have total consumer confidence in our extension specialists. All our builders have been fully screened and have their work rated in detail after each job.
Garage extensions should only be done by professionals. DIY extensions of any kind are not recommended. Extending an existing building requires specialised knowledge of architecture and engineering. Get it wrong and you could end up compromising the structural integrity of the whole building, placing your loved ones at risk. We only deal with certified professionals, guaranteed to get the job done according to industry standards and local health and safety regulations.
Things to Consider: Consider the size of your property before committing to an extension project. Make sure you have the correct permissions from the local council and from neighbours before starting any construction. Consider the aesthetics of your existing garage and home so that the extension still looks good, especially when facing the street, and not like a slap dab add-on. The existing garage may require some structural tweaking before the extension can be completed. Always consult the professionals about ground conditions and foundations.
Garage Extension Costs: Garage extensions are generally one of the cheaper home extension options, depending on the purpose of the extension. The cost of garage extensions depends on the scale of the project, design specifics, the materials required, the ground conditions and the physical labour involved during construction. Additional services such as structural re-enforcing, the installation of electrical and plumbing systems, insulation installation and upgrading heating/cooling and ventilation systems may affect the price.
The Extension Process: Before a single brick is laid, the architect and/or structural engineer will conduct a survey of your garage, drawing up plans for the extensions to suit your needs based on your ideas and aesthetic requirements. Once you are satisfied with the plan, you will be given a quote for the estimated cost of the job. Only if you agree to the pricing, should you sign the contract so that construction can begin. All building permission should be acquired prior to start of construction, something the specialists can help you with.
Need more space for that vintage car? Want a new hobby room or covered play area for your kids? Garage extensions may be your best solution. Take a minute to fill in our online form, describing your ideal garage and we'll handle the rest. We'll find you the best extension services at the lowest prices. Contact us today for a free, no obligation quote.
Save on new garage extension work
Your garage extension questions answered
- What type of garage extensions do I have to choose from? Garage extensions are multi-faceted, and can be anything from additional parking space to a workshop or home office.
- Is a building permit needed for garage extensions? This will depend on the type of extension you desire, but the answer is usually yes.
- Should I consult a professional building planner before attempting a garage extension? Basic extensions, such as expansions, may seem fairly simple, but there are criteria that you may not take into consideration, such as plumbing or electrical system that need to be altered. A building planner will be able to take all of these into consideration.
- Can I install garage extensions myself? Extensions, whether they're on your garage or your bedroom, should always be done by a professional contractor. Not only will you get the assurance of a job that is done right the first time, but most contractors will offer a warranty on their work.
- Should I knock out an existing wall or attach a new bay to the side of my garage? If having a large amount of floor space is not an issue, adding a new bay to the side of your garage might be a better option because it is more economical.
Fill In Our Extension Form
Let us know a few requirements about your proposed garage extension with a simple 60 second quotation form.
Up to 4 Free Quotes
We consult our specialist network and allow up to four approved professionals to provide obligation-free quotes.